Metal ceiling tiles offer a lot of benefits. They’re easy to install, come in a variety of styles and colors, and can really change the entire look and feel of a room. Another potential benefit is easy to overlook – the leftovers. Once that you have finished your installation, you may have some pieces of scrap material left lying around.
Before you throw these away, think about the potential applications! You actually have several options for using these scrap ceiling tiles.
- Christmas Ornaments – The thin metal of ceiling tiles folds and cuts easily. That makes it perfect for folding into your own homemade Christmas ornaments. They’ll look great on your tree, but can be given as holiday gifts as well.
- Hanging Flower Vase – A little more complex than an ornament but no less fun, you can fold your scrap tiles into a fancy hanging flower vase as well. This lets you combine flowers with your art and can be a perfect touch in any room of the home.
- Picture Frames – Cut to fit and then glued onto store-bought picture frames, your metal ceiling tiles are a great way to add something extra to photos and artwork you want to display. This is an easy way to use those smaller scraps.
- A Custom Tabletop – Want a bigger project that will really look great? How about using your scrap ceiling tiles to create a custom tabletop? A coffee or end table surfaced with your scraps can match with the room and be a great use for scraps.
- Mosaic Arts – Mixed media art projects, collages, and mosaics are great ways to get creative. Best of all, scrap ceiling tiles fit into any of them perfectly and can be exactly the option you’re looking for when you want to use scraps and create something stunning.
Simply put, with a little creativity you can get even more from your investment into ceiling tiles. Think about all your options and you should be able to create some great projects that will put those scraps to good use.
You can also buy a couple of our unfinished tiles and use them creatively!