A dramatic metal ceiling can be the perfect finishing touch to your remodeling project. Or it might be the one update that fits within your budget. Either way, the design of your project will have an effect on how your room will look when it is finished.
Metal ceiling tiles offer great flexibility when designing how your ceiling will look.
Here are some of the options you have when choosing your tiles:
- Size. Most tiles come in six, twelve, and twenty-four-inch sizes. You can stick with one size throughout the entire design, or mix them up to add variety.
- Color. Metal tiles have numerous options, from standard finishes such as bronze, copper, or brass, to unique finishes that mix in other colors.
- Pattern. Tiles come stamped with very simple to extremely intricate designs.
Considering those options, think about what you want the finished design to do for your space. Is it a large room that you would like to have a cozier feel? Or is it a small room that you want to feel larger?
There are some basic design principles that can be applied to your plan to deliver the perfect look when your project is finished:
- Balance. A balanced design generally has an easy-to-find center and even distribution of color, patterns, or other elements on each side of that center.
- Rhythm. Consider applying a progressive rhythm with borders of smaller tiles mixed in with larger ones as you work out from the center of the room.
- Proportion. When you evaluate the total space, proportion will be most useful in creating your desired effect. Smaller tiles in a large room will make it cozier, where large tiles on a small space will create the illusion that it is bigger.
- Dominance. Using a central dominant element will draw everything in. For example, four large tiles could be placed in the center of the room around a light fixture, while the rest of the space uses smaller tiles.
- Unity. This will pull everything together. A border design around the room can be the perfect way to complete your project
Applying these elements to your remodeling project will ensure an end result you can be proud of. Consider metal ceiling tiles for your next room redesign.