Vintage farmhouses are still quite popular throughout America in 2018. The homes are typically very cozy and welcoming while having antique or rustic characteristics. The comfy-chic aesthetics can be seen across the entire home. Metal ceiling tiles are a great option for the modern farmhouse look because of their versatility and functionality.
Here is a look at our favorite ceiling tiles for the farmhouse look:
Metal ceiling tiles come in a number of designs and can be painted any color, making them perfect for any home. They can easily be blended into a home’s existing color scheme. Additionally, metal ceiling tiles do not have to be used on the ceiling. An increasing number of homeowners have used them around the home in a variety of different ways. Metal ceiling tiles can be used as backsplashes or hung on walls as art.
Tiles For The Farmhouse
Metal Ceiling Tiles offer a large number of different tile designs, ensuring you’ll find the perfect one for your home remodeling project. We also find that it’s more important to focus on the tile design than the tile color. Tiles can be painted, and a number of different finishes can be applied. It’s more important to find a tile design that you love because this cannot be altered.
If you’re looking for a place to start, consider choosing from these tiles below. Of course, the entire catalog of tin ceiling tiles can be viewed at the Metal Ceiling Express Online Store.
- #101 Tin/Metal Ceiling Tile – Classic Four Square (24×24). This tile features a 12” repeat pattern and is made from 100% authentic tin-plated sheet metal.
- #103 Tin/Metal Ceiling Tile – Fleur De-List 6 Inch Pattern (24 x 24). This tile features a 6” repeat pattern and is made from 100% authentic tin-plated sheet metal. It is one of the most popular tiles used for backsplash applications.
- #106 Tin/Metal Ceiling Tile – Eccentric Mirror (24 x24). This tile features a 24” repeat pattern. Like all of our tiles, it is made from 10% authentic tin-plated sheet metal.
- #108 Tin/Metal Ceiling Tile – Oak Leaf Pattern (24 x 24). This tile features a 12” repeat pattern and 100% authentic tin-plated sheet metal.
- #119 Tin/Metal Ceiling Tile – Classic Mini Diamond (24 x 24). This tile features a 6” repeat pattern in the form of geometric diamond design. Much like #103, it is ideal for backsplash application.
Also, remember that a tile can be trimmed to fit any space. But, with that being said, it’s best to measure your layout before selecting a design. Have an idea of the size of the tiles you need before allowing yourself to fall in love with a design. Some tiles will look better when cut than others. For example, cutting #103 will not be that noticeable, but cutting #101 would definitely be noticeable.
If you’re unsure about tile patterns or colors, you can always order sample packs from Metal Ceiling Express. This is a cheap way to try out different designs and sizes, helping you solve two important questions as you try to design the perfect project. It’s better to try samples and take your time with a project, rather than making an impulse purchase only to discover that the tiles won’t fit or you don’t like how they look.
Choosing A Color
The tiles previously listed are all unfinished, but customers are able to have their tiles powder-coated with a baked-on finish in one of 60 unique colors. This powder coating features a polyester resin that is extremely durable. Even when painted, tiles can be wiped down with a damp rag and light soap.
For a modern farmhouse, we recommend taking a look at the colors below.
- Rustic Copper Color – This color is transparent copper with a teal and white finish.
- Alaska Color – This color features a faux hand finish with transparent copper, and features very light blue and teal.
- Fire Brick & Copper Color – This color features a faux hand finish in firebrick and kettle with shades of copper.
Before assuming that a color you see online won’t work in your home, feel free to order a color sample. Color samples are available for every color that can be found on Metal Ceiling Express, helping you find an exact color match for your home.
Of course, the colors must match your home. If you cannot find a color that you’re satisfied with, it’s easy to paint the tiles on your own using paint you’ve purchased. Simply purchase unfinished tiles for your project. Once they arrive, apply an oil-based primer to the tiles to protect them from oxidation. After the primer has dried, paint the tiles any color you’d like.