Embossed & decorative tin ceiling tiles are a functional and trendy choice for homes and businesses. In restaurants, for example, it’s important to have a ceiling that looks good and is durable, appealing to customers while taking the abuse it’s exposed to in the kitchen. The resistance of embossed metal ceiling tiles to heat and damage makes them a good choice for kitchens, and their creative design potential makes them great for use in the rest of the restaurant, as well.
The following are a few of the benefits of putting decorative tin ceiling tiles in a restaurant:
- Disguise ductwork. Most restaurant ceilings, especially in the food prep area, need to have ductwork and water pipes running through them to provide the best ventilation and protect the establishment from a fire. A drop-in ceiling is often used to hide the ductwork and other ceiling hardware from view, and lightweight decorative metal ceilings are a great way to make use of the space. The metal tiles can be easily cut to size and installed, and can be easily removed for maintenance purposes.
- Fire and moisture resistant. If there is a fire in the kitchen, or if smoke rises up to the ceiling, the tiles will be largely unaffected. Similarly, any steam or water that reaches the ceiling will have little to no effect. For a restaurant that serves a lot of people and has moisture and high heat constantly present, metal ceiling tiles are the obvious choice.
- Wide variety. Decorative tin ceiling tiles can be stamped in any style or pattern, and thus can be designed to match any style. If the restaurant wants to change style or color theme, the ceiling tiles can be repainted to match the new atmosphere.
- Change the atmosphere. Using large decorative tin ceiling tiles will give your restaurant the appearance of more space and will make customers feel less crowded. Similarly, using smaller ceiling tiles could create a greater feeling of intimacy within the restaurant.
- Minimal maintenance. Forgetting to dust or being unaware of water or smoke damage in a ceiling can lead to serious problems for a restaurant. Metal ceiling tiles, because of their durability and resistance, require minimal maintenance to keep them in great condition.
For more information about decorative tin ceiling tiles and installing them in your restaurant or home, contact us today.