You pay attention to every detail in your home, from floor to ceiling. However an often overlooked area is your staircases. Staircases may be the first thing you see when you enter your foyer or they can be tucked away in a corner of your home. In either case, your staircase is just waiting for an extra splash of design to make them truly stand out. A great idea is to line the risers of your stairs with metal tiles.
An Affordable, Beautiful Alternative
Typically, you would decorate your steps with either carpeting or paint. In both cases, these are very expensive at installation. Plus they cost you money over the years because they wear down easily and have to be replaced. Installing metal ceiling tiles will not only add beauty to your staircase, but they are more cost effective than their alternatives because they last much longer. Also depending on which tiles you pick out, they may even be more affordable at installation.
Protect Your Stairs Against Wear
Stairs risers often get beat up because they are routinely kicked when you climb the stairs. Adding metal ceiling tiles along the risers, will not only enhance the look but will protect them against wear and tear for years to come.
An Easy DIY Project
Lining your stair risers with metal ceiling tiles is a very simple project. All you need is a good epoxy or nail gun, tin shears, and a measuring tape. Here is how to line your stairs with metal ceiling tiles.
- Start by measuring your stair risers to determine how many tiles you will need. In most cases you will be able to use about one tile per stair.
- Pick out a gorgeous tile to go with your interior. With the amazing selection of colors, patterns, and textures available at Metal Ceiling Express, you’ll be able to find the perfect tile to match your interior. We recommend tiles from our Nail-Up lines for ease of installation.
- Once you get the tiles, you will then measure them for cutting.
- Cut the tiles to dimensions you need for your stair steps with the tin shears.
- Once the tiles are cut, apply with either the epoxy, nail gun, or a combination of both.
- So when you are designing your home, don’t forget to add interest to your staircase. Metal ceiling tiles are a great idea because they are beautiful, durable, and cost effective. Plus, they are easy to install yourself.