Your home is your castle. It should not only give you a place to rest and relax and unwind from the day, but also give you a feeling of serenity. To make sure it does so, you’ll want to make it your own – and upgrading each room of the home is a good way to do just that.
Ceilings are often overlooked as areas of renovation, but one of the most impactful. Simply put, installing the right kind of custom ceiling in your home will let you showcase our sense of style while also increasing value and attractiveness.
But just what should you consider? The ultimate decision is totally up to you, of course, but there are several options that are well worth taking a closer look at. Here’s a look at some of the hottest trends in ceiling design this year. Take a look at them and you could find the one that is right for you and your home – or at least get some inspiration for what you’re going to do.
- Copper Finishes – Copper is often thought of as being too expensive to fit into any budget reasonably. But the fact is that copper finishes are more affordable now, and faux ceiling tiles make it easy to add a copper finish to the ceiling without breaking the bank. If you want to give a room a touch of class, sophistication, and vintage style, copper is a great pick.
- Brass Finishes – Along with copper, brass has become a go-to option for those looking to give their room a major upgrade that looks expensive and impressive. Brass tones are easy to add and are often even more affordable than copper options.
- Natural Textures – Texturing a roof is something that is easier than you might think. With plaster, you can use sponges or rollers and even using metal roof tiles you can quickly and easily give a roof texture. This looks great in well-lit areas as well as dimmer spots and makes it easy to give a little boost to the look and feel of a room without being too overwhelming.
- Geometric Patterns – Geometric patterns are coming back in a big way. Mainly used in commercial spaces, they can even fit into a home today. Tiles, paints, patterns, and more are all available and can give you an easy entry point into upgrading your ceiling in a unique way.
- Floral Prints – Floral prints don’t always spring to mind when it comes to ceilings, but they can really have a big impact on certain rooms. You aren’t going to want them everywhere, but in places like a bathroom or even a dining area they could take the room to another level and really showcase your sense of styles.
- Matching Backsplashes – If you want to really get the best look from your ceiling, don’t look up! Think of the room as a whole instead, and think about how the ceiling ties into the rest of the room area. Primarily, consider using a backsplash that matches the ceiling. This really works great with metal roofs, where the backsplash and the ceiling are identical and look amazing since they compliment one another perfectly. Kitchens are the obvious choice here, but you can use accent walls to match the ceiling virtually anywhere.
- Tarnished Tin – To really get a unique looking ceiling, consider going beyond basic metal. Tarnished tin adds character to a ceiling that can’t be matched. To get the look, chemicals are applied to the metal. This adds a patina or a tarnished look depending on the metal itself, and is easier to do than you might think.
The key here is to take some time to really think about your options. Plenty of people spend days choosing the right paint color for their walls, but then rush through the ceiling choice. Look online at images of different options listed above and think about how they fit into each room of your home.
Also think about your style and the style of your home and how each option above matches to them. If you’ll spend a little time really finding that perfect design idea, you’ll end up with a home that you feel is truly your own.